Boom and Scissor

NYC Lift Certification

Next day service, certificates within 1 hour. Mandatory by OSHA and in accordance with ANSI/ASSE

On-site training and certification in NYC and NJ.

(646) 902-4973

Is that an OSHA inspector stuck in traffic?

used and recommended by:

United Rentals, Volvo Rents, Hertz Equipment Rental, and Sunbelt. We have done work and certifications on big jobsites like Jacob Javits Center, Brooklyn Navy Yard, and Clara Barton Bus terminal, as well as hundreds of smaller jobs throughout Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, Bronx, and Staten Island.

We have trained for:

Robert Parchment Plumbing, Signature Metal and Glass, Lend Lease (Bovis), Tishman, Ameristructures on location: Jacob Javits Center, Brooklyn Navy Yard, Clara Barton Bus terminal, and even certified staff at Uniqlo Global Flagship store.

Prices and Services

Pick a program that best fits your schedule and goals.

Training and Certifications


per person

Boom/Scissor certifications

Your location

Discounts avaliable for multiple certifications

Certificate issued same day

Do not believe "DIY" online kits — that is NOT an approved method of certification. A certified instructor is the only way to get the proper certification.

Daily/Hourly Operators


Starting at $150/hr in NYC

Call for pricing in NJ

Volume pricing may be avaliable

Prevailing wage available

To schedule a class or for more information, call or contact us by email:

  • your contact info
  • requested training date
  • number of students

How does it work?

It’s easy! Just give us the job location and requested date. We appreciate advanced scheduling, 24-48 hour notice is usually sufficient, but do not wait till last minute — we may be already booked.

Certification class takes 45 minutes to 1 hour. You and your workers will learn the hazards associated with aerial work, safety practices, etc. At the end, we issue a certificate of fitness to each worker and they can start work immediately.

You will have an OSHA compliant Aerial Lift training, safe and responsible employees, and the peace of mind that comes with certified workers.

Who needs to be Certified?

OSHA says that everyone stepping onto an aerial platform has be certified. Mandatory. Period. Think of it as driving a car without a driver’s license. According to OSHA every operator must be trained  “by persons who have the knowledge, training, and experience to train operators and evaluate their competence.” – That’s us. 

This applies to all employees (and employers) – Federal, State, Local and Private organizations in every industry, not just construction. 

Does experience matter?

Sure doesn’t. 88% of fatalities were from preventable operator error. An experienced operator who was never trained is far more likely to cause an accident or atract a violation even compared to a novice who was properly trained. 

OSHA violations start at $5,000 per incident, and an employer can quickly rack up $20,000 in violations in just one visit by one inspector. 64% of all worldwide fatalities on AWPs happen in the USA. According to the statistics from IPAF, a majority of fatalities on AWPs (aerial work platforms) or MEWPs (mobile elevating work platforms) come from Electrocution and Entrapment. Mechanical failure only contributed to 12% of fatalities, while the remaining 88% of fatalities were from preventable operator error. Other fatal hazards such as Overturns and Falls, as well as non-fatal accidents are also preventable through education and certification.

Don’t assume that someone who has done it before knows how to do it safely and legally. Violations result in work shutdowns and additional expenses for the company.

Just take a quick look at the OSHA Database of Fatality and Catastrophe Investigation Summaries related to aerial platforms, along with hundreds of violation fines issued.